PiSCE (Tender no. EAHC/2013/D2/027)
Summary of the work so far: (as of Oct.1st 2015).
The PiSCE tender kicked-off on Sept. 23rd 2014 with the Inception meeting with (then) DG SANTE and members of the Steering group, which are the WP leaders, CBO, FAD, DCHE, CPME and EHFF. The overall Consortium of 16 partners was led by CBO.
The contract call (which gives details of the contract specifications) was published in late Dec. 2013 with a closing date for tender bids of late February 2014. Our bid Executive summary as submitted.
The content of the project at this stage is the property of DG Sante and cannot therefore be shared while the 16 month project is underway. The material referred to above is in the public domain, but following the kick-off, we are only allowed to report the timetable being followed.
Timetable: the main landmarks are
- Submission of inception report 23rd September 2014 (deliverable 1)
- Meeting with DG SANTE to agree composition of Platform of Experts, December 11th (some minor changes were to be agreed) (deliverable 2).
- First face to face meeting of Platform of Experts (CBO Utrecht) March 1/2, 2015
- Interim report delivered (meeting between PiSCE team and SANTE) June 29th 2015 (deliverable 3)
- Second face to face meeting of Platform of Experts (CBO Utrecht) September 15/16th
Due to the sudden and completely unexpected declaration of bankruptcy of the lead organisation CBO by their parent company TNO immediately before the last mentioned event, the PiSCE project is currently frozen, a week or so prior to the expected delivery of Deliverable 4. In such circumstances, there are legal processes that SANTE is required to undertake before considering whether to allow the project to continue and any offers for re-negotiation of the tender contract with a reformed Consortium to allow delivery of the final parts of the project.
Watch this space!