Join the opportunity to exchange, learn and improve on Empowerment, Community Building, Health Literacy and Education! Was the slogan of this Symposium helt in Utrecht, The Netherlands last November 2019.
The centre for empowering people and communities (CEmPaC) and Gezondheidspact Utrecht organized this one day symposium as part of the Utrecht Health week.
The organization of the symposium was done in close collaboration with the European Patients Forum (EPF), Global Health Literacy Academy (GHLA), Health Hub Utrecht (HHU) and Danish Committee for Health Education (DCHE). The symposium is part of the ‘Gelukkig en Gezond Festival 2019’.
We were very grateful to collaborate with ‘The Krachtstation Kanaleneiland‘ a multifunctional community building for working, living and recreation which served as our venue for the day.
- Karin Vosters – Chair of the day
- Nathan Rozema and Amina Berkane Abakhou – Krachtstation Kanaleneiland
- Bart Andriessen – Director of Public Health Municipality of Utrecht. Click here for his contribution.
- Charan Nelander (Director Danish Committee for Health Education). Click here for his contribution.
- Evert Jan van Hasselt (Boardmember Stichting Omzien & Social Entrepreneur). Click here for his contribution.
- Mark Brown (Development Director Social Spider). Click here for his contribution.
- Patient & Citizen Empowerment in health and social care (self-care factory, SCiE and DCHE). Click here for their contribution.
- New models of community care- exploring the SHINE model in Fife (Scotland), the Gezondheidspact Utrecht and Buurtcamping (IFF, Gezondheidspact Utrecht, Buurtcamping). Click here for their contribution.
- Let’s make things, not slides! The Future of Health(care) redefined a mini-hackaton (HealthCare Futurists). Click here for his contribution.
- Education – skilling up the health care workforce (CEmPaC and Diabetes Vereniging Nederland). Click here for their contribution.
- Creative Industry meets Healthcare (IJsfontein playful learning and the Creative Coalition). Click here for her contribution.
- Social innovation, seeing citizen/patients as active partners! (European Patient Forum and Ideate). Click here and here for their contributions.
- Citizenship, community environment, approaches of a different order (Lambeth cooperative, Utrecht Natuurlijk and Foodforgood). Click here and here for their contributions.
- Health Literacy, combination of citizens/patients and professionals (UK Health Literacy network, Apotheek Orion and Utrecht in Dialogue). Click here for their contribution.
In addition, HERE is a link to an eBook version of the outcomes