EHFF Position Statement
EHFF delivered this analysis of its positioning in the course of our transformational catalyst project (phase 1) 2020-2022. We used the Three Horizons tool to examine pathways to transformation of the European Health Ecosystem and the Positioning statement helped us identify the aspects of our own structure and mission which best suited us for this work.
EHFF Positioning Statement V5 – revised Jan. 2022
Those who recognise:
1. The holistic nature of health and the impact of other societal systems on health and well-being
2. The lack of sustainability of current health systems
3. That transformational change is needed
4. That this will impact on and need to engage other aspects of society including, but not limited to, the environment, education and the overall economic system
Who want :
1. To influence society towards these transformation(s)
2. To find and join with others who seek to be part of the greater ecosystem with similar aims and common values
3. To be active participants in an organic network.
A European organisation which :
EHFF is :
1. Works to be at the forefront in knowledge and competence in facilitating the transformation.
2. Strives to influence transformational change using the accumulated resource (knowledge, experience, networks, competencies etc) of the network members with the
selective usage of futures and strategizing methods such as the foresight model, design thinking, disruptive innovation, theory of change
3. Acts as a catalyst for transformational change, initially in the European health ecosystem by articulating the centrality of health within the wellbeing of society and helping to inform, influence and connect key players in the field.
4. Partners with significant health and change focused entities including EPF, EHMA, ECH Alliance, WEAll, FEASTA, Nordic Health 2030, Ubiquity University, Humanity Rising, Metaphorum and many others.
5. Is a growing networked community which has at its core over 100 voluntary members.
6. Is coordinated by a central group of 13 senior advisors and a further 5 Board members, the latter managing operations.
7. Is cohered by an ethos of an open source, non-hierarchical, friendly and inclusive community united by common purpose.
8. Is a not-for-profit (registered as a charity in Ireland).
That provides :
1. Systemic approaches to the development and transformation of the European health ecosystem over the next 10 years, through a humanistic perspective
2. Community convening and facilitation, including a website to:
a) Collect and share evidence on the impact on health of the ‘Beyond Health’ factors such as the economic system, emerging technologies, social justice, ethics, and current approaches to political systems across Europe.
b) Enable participants to find, connect and interact with each other – on and offline
c) Allow sharing of diverse expertise in an informal manner
d) Identify and analyse local initiatives that aim at creating healthy communities as part of horizon scanning activities
e) Communicate our message and mission, including shared evidence via podcasts, webinars, social media, conference presentations, projects and collaborations.