There is grave concern about the overall quality of health professional education across Europe. The grip of traditional teaching approaches wherein physicians, nurses etc. continue to be trained for health systems of the past, seems very hard to shift. On the other hand there are some very forward looking educators scattered across Europe who lack any specific locus from which to state a European position. In addition, a veritable revolution is taking place in the broader educational context with the application of new media for teaching and learning.
It is proposed that, as a beginning, a two-day seminar is convened by EHFF in Lisbon in early March 2013, with invited participants, to discuss the possibility of creating a ‘community of practice’, to act as a pressure group and a beacon within Europe for transformational change in professional health education. If the idea is deemed useful the group would determine its terms of reference and action plan. EHFF would offer to support them on mutually agreed terms.
Search this site:
- Digital humanity in health #03 CITIZENS on 19 September 2017
- the European Injury Prevention Conference in Amsterdam on 21 September 2017
- Health in the Digital Society: Digital Society for Health on 16 October 2017
- The Summer Camp 2017: (hosted by EHFF, ESQH, NVTZ and GGI) on 22 October 2017
- 11th International Metaphorum Conference: ‘Healing Organisations’ on 1 November 2017