During 2011, the UK Department of Health ran a very successful crowdsourced campaign to solicit input on what sort of applications would make different to people’s lives. The received an insightful and amazing 500+ ideas from the request. Bright ideas for apps to help people manage their health were judged and interviews with the more promising advocated and collected. Interviews are available at the Maps and apps – Wouldn’t it be great if … page – along with a more complete selection of the ideas offered. A wonderfully diverse group of suggestions hint at the diversity of needs, but also some of the quite innovative solutions to everyday health care problems that be obtained from asking people on the frontline. The ideas for apps are impressive – as is the process employed to discover them.
Search this site:
- Digital humanity in health #03 CITIZENS on 19 September 2017
- the European Injury Prevention Conference in Amsterdam on 21 September 2017
- Health in the Digital Society: Digital Society for Health on 16 October 2017
- The Summer Camp 2017: (hosted by EHFF, ESQH, NVTZ and GGI) on 22 October 2017
- 11th International Metaphorum Conference: ‘Healing Organisations’ on 1 November 2017